Meditation for Beginners
You can read about meditation. You can listen to a podcast about meditation. But nothing beats learning to meditate among fellow beginners directly from a skilled practitioner. This two-hour workshop includes guided meditations and practical, simple methods for bringing a little more peace into your life. You'll learn – and better yet, discuss:
• The benefits of meditation
• Why meditation actually works
• How long to meditate, what to focus on – and why!
• How to overcome distractions
• How to stick to a regular meditation schedule
Everyone is welcome and no experience is necessary.
(The next "Meditation for Beginners" workshop will be offered on Saturday, October 13.)
- We are located in Boerum Hill at 444 Atlantic Avenue, between Nevins & Bond Streets – a short walk from most major subway lines!
- All of our programming is suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners – unless otherwise noted.
- If offered, pre-registration is encouraged, but not required.
- No special clothing is necessary, and we offer both chairs and cushions for sitting.
- Please try to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to class to sign in and get comfortable. We do our best to start and end on time, and your help is appreciated!